My office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00 to 3:00 in the museum.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Family Trees and Correcting a Mistake

I made a BIG mistake in my presentation on Tuesday (color me embarrassed!) Ruth White (our donor) is Alice's niece. Somewhere along the line of my research I got it in my head that her husband Arthur was the relative, but upon a more careful look, Ruth is Ray's daughter. Here are some screen grabs from ancestry.com, which I hope will help clear up the confusion.

Sorry!

Ruth Farley White's family tree. Ray is her mother, Alice is her aunt.

Alice Kate Wellman Beardsley's family tree. Notice that ancestry.com has doubled up some of her siblings. I just haven't had a chance to fix that yet.


George Fisher Beardsley's family tree

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you emailed me a year ago that you'd discovered "Mrs. White" was Alice's niece. Your head got filled up with accession records and lost deaccession records, and irreconcilable inventory vs. object numbers. Welcome to my world! Hard to focus when you're trying to sort out almost 6 decades of our Department's (not to mention the Beardsley years of ownership) records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a tricky thing to keep all thelittle bits of info in check. I just hope i have it all correct before i finish the thesis!

    ReplyDelete